5/21/2012

I have had panic attacks since I was 11 years old and I need help on getting them under control

I have had panic attacks since I was 11 years old and I need help on getting them under controlWhen you start to feel one coming on don't focus on it, that's what makes them begin and continue. When one comes on just make yourself think about something else, focus your energy on something positive or just something that is happening around you. Breathe deep breaths and tell yourself you aren't going to have one. Immediately after saying this to yourself think about something else. With practice you will be able to stop them before they even start.I've had panic attacks since I was 13 (I'm now 26). I know exactly how you feel. I thought I'd never be able to drive or go to college. Well, I've done that and so much more!!

First of all, you need to get a good support system. Even though I was embarassed as a teenager about my problem, I found that talking about it to others, and a counselor helped so much. Also, you may want to talk to your doctor about your medicine and the dosage if its not helping. Keep up the yoga and pilates or any kind of work out. But most of all, have faith that you WILL get better and there is help out there for youThis is the most AMAZING book and will help you get your panic attacks under control. It has helped me with general anxiety and panic due to stress. I even keep index cards in my purse so I know what to say when it happens :o)

http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Phobia-Workbook-Fourth/dp/1572244135/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217459858&sr=1-1

Some basic ideas are: deep breathing when it happens, go for a walk to sidetrack yourself, touch the floor or something stable to ground yourself. They also give ways to keep it from reaching full blown panic and what to do when it does. The best advice they give is to ride it out and don't fight it, because that makes it work. Say, "ok, here we go again!" Please try the book. My doctor put me on Xanax which helped me to get through "young adulthood" so to speak. It's such a tough and nerve wracking period in anyone's life so no wonder I - and you - felt such panic. But once I ended college I couldn't take the Xanax anymore because it interfered with my "growth." So I decided to kick the drugs which was really hard. But I did it and I'm so happy now.It sounds like you have alot of un-needed stress in your life, I do not know were you are from, but please just go outside, get some air and think things out.


Hip Tranquil Chick: A Guide to Life On and Off the Yoga Mat


yoga as medicine - click on the image below for more information.



Hip Tranquil Chick addresses that huge but unacknowledged demographic of fashionistas equally at home at Bergdorf's and the yoga studio. The book is divided into two major sections that cover all bases for the style-minded seeker. "On the Mat" shares seven must-have modern-girl yoga sequences, such as "Healing Hip Openers" and "Negativity Releasing Heart Openers," and explains yoga philosophy in hip chick language. "Off the Mat" showcases nine ways to become more fabulous and balanced by incorpo





Hip Tranquil Chick: A Guide to Life On and Off the Yoga Mat





Click on the button for more yoga as medicine information and reviews.





Orignal From: I have had panic attacks since I was 11 years old and I need help on getting them under control

No comments:

Post a Comment