5/29/2012

Does anybody else here (who does yoga) have a hard time doing plow pose?

Does anybody else here (who does yoga) have a hard time doing plow pose?Start by using props - - your teacher should have done this right from jump.

There is no shame in having to put your feet on a chair - plenty of folks start out that way...

And by all means, dont feel bad if you can't do a pose....there is no shame in honoring your limitations.

I have joint hyperflexibility, and I still cant do triangle worth a darn....and to be quite honest, I have to use a bolster during corpse pose...that used to mess with my head a lot, then I just realized "hey, I'm not doing this to impress other people in my class....why not let my body tell me whats okay". And since then, I have become a big fan of props - in large part because I had a teacher who saw that I wasn't enjoying it mentally as much as I should

You might like this - -
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=How+to+use+yoga+props&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=I think "Tink" was spot on. Use a prop like a chair which should be placed bear your head and place the feet on it. With practice you can touch the ground.
Two more tips.
1. Do some standing poses like Triangle pose (Trikon Asana) few times. This will loosen the muscles.
2. Try in the evening as your muscles will be more loose compared to morning.

Regards,
Nilendu Bhattacharya
http://www.headfirstyoga.com



Tinnitus Miracle(tm) ~ #1 Tinnitus Cure On CB ~ Top Aff=9k/mon
New 2012: Upsell Converts At 52%! The Highest Converting & Paying (up To /sale) Tinnitus System On Cb! Proven 15% Conversions. The Most Powerful & Unique Guide To Help People Stop Their Ear Ringing Holistically. www.tinnitusmiracle.com/affiliates.html
Tinnitus Miracle(tm) ~ #1 Tinnitus Cure On CB ~ Top Aff=9k/mon


Orignal From: Does anybody else here (who does yoga) have a hard time doing plow pose?

No comments:

Post a Comment