2/01/2012

I'm completely inflexible (can't even touch my toes), but am interested in yoga. Is it impossible?

I'm completely inflexible (can't even touch my toes), but am interested in yoga. Is it impossible?I would say no, and if you did participate in Yoga it would be a very painful process more than relaxing. I wouldn't suggest it, you would be uncomfortable, and for weeks later you would be incomfortable I am guessing aswell.Yes it is. I started karate, and in a reasonable short time I could straight kick head height. That's from not being able to touch my toes, and being inflexible. So yoga stretching will make it possible. I borrowed some stretching ideas from my mums books on yoga. That was when I was 30 something.Yes it is possible. When you first start out it will be difficult and painful but the longer you do it the easier it will get and the more flexible you will get. Don't give up after the first few times. I guarantee it will get easier. Try to take a beginner class or find a beginners tape/cd to follow. Good luck.This is exactly why you should try it! If you apply yourself and take yoga regularly not only it will not only make you more flexible, it will help you relieve stress, develop muscle tone, and increase your range of motion. Everyone I know who has taken yoga found it to be a really positive experience both physically and mentally. You don't really have anything to lose but, if you apply yourself, you could have a lot to gain.




Best Yoga Pose To Stretch Out Your Hips

Article by Phil Tucker



Orignal From: I'm completely inflexible (can't even touch my toes), but am interested in yoga. Is it impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment